Facebook: 1/2 billion active users… daily.
When reading the transcript of an interview between Mark Zuckerberg and Charlie Rose, one stat was pretty impressive:
And one of the things that we are really proud of is that now 800 million people around the world are using Facebook every month and perhaps even crazier — it’s mind-blowing from my perspective: more than half a billion people use Facebook every day. And I just think that’s crazy.
The number of active users (monthly) is now nearing one billion.. that’s 1 out of 7 of any human being walking on this planet is on Facebook. Crazy and impressive it is.
It clearly has become the personal/social web within the broader web. And for businesses and advertisers, it’s clearly that you need to play in both.
The latest “official” stats from Facebook:
- More than 800 million active users
- More than 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- Average user has 130 friends
- More than 900 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups, events and community pages)
- Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
- On average, more than 250 million photos are uploaded per day
- More than 70 languages available on the site
- More than 75% of users are outside of the United States
- Over 300,000 users helped translate the site through the translations application
- On average, people on Facebook install apps more than 20 million times every day
- Every month, more than 500 million people use an app on Facebook or experience Facebook Platform on other websites
- More than 7 million apps and websites are integrated with Facebook
- More than 350 million active users currently access Facebook through their mobile devices
- More than 475 mobile operators globally work to deploy and promote Facebook mobile products